See what’s on the menu this week or download a copy to print at home. Our menus work on a three-week cycle to make sure there is a variety and choice.
School lunches are charged at £2.55 per day and should be paid in advance using our Online Payment System.
Download and print a copy of the LUNCH MENU
Healthy School Meals
Riverside Catering achieved the Soil Association’s Food for Life Served Here Award at the Bronze level back in January 2019. In order to meet the requirements of this award at least 75% of our food is freshly prepared on-site using healthy and seasonal ingredients. In particular, our meals are free from controversial additives, sweeteners, colouring and artificial trans fats. All of our meat is farm assured and the eggs that we buy are free-range. Further details can be found if required https://www.foodforlife.org.uk/catering/food-for-life-served-here
The Food for Life Award is also the only independent verification that a school menu meets the Requirement for School Food Regulations (School Food Standards).
The School Food Standards are in place to ensure that all menus are nutritionally balanced.
The School Food Standards detail a number of requirements that need to be met such as:
- Sets the requirements for minimum servings of fruit, vegetables, and oily fish
- States the minimum meat content for meat products
- Limits the number of times less healthy food (e.g. deep-fried food, starchy food cooked in oil, meat products) can be served
- Bans certain categories of food: confectionery, sweetened soft drinks, snacks such as crisps
Read about Health Packed Lunches here
Free School Meals
You can claim free school meals for a child who lives with you and who you are responsible for.
Your claim will be automatically processed if you receive Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction and get any of the qualifying benefits.
Your child is eligible for Free School Meals if you get one or more of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers’ Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Cr Provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit, and have an annual gross income, of no more than £16,190 (as of 2014 financial year) as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs
- Working Tax Credit run-on. Paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
For more information, please visit our Apply for Free School Meals page.